A leading girls’ convent school in New Delhi faced a unique problem – though they were doing a great job in teaching and managing extracurricular activities for their students, their system was totally inept to capture the details. They had been running their computers on the same old solution for over five years, and had avoided any updations to it for the fear of making it complicated. However, when the parents started questioning the progress of their girls in the school, the principal thought it was enough. She decided to put the best minds of their school to do a survey of all the latest school management software in the market and choose the one which needed minimum improvisation, had a short learning period, and bam! – the solution was just within their reach.
Now, you may not have that many people at your disposal who could go out, take a stock of the latest School management software, check their usability through active demos or speak to others to find about the software’s scabality, but you have us – and in the scope of this article, we present the top leading school management solutions right now along with their features and minuses to help you take a decision right away:
Iolite School Management SoftwareIt’s a software made to make school management easy. Iolite School Management performs a school’s tasks quickly, easily, efficiently, and accurately. It connects all departments. (Website: http://www.iolite.org.in/)
- Student Desk is the significant feature that makes it unique from its competitors. It allows students to access the school resources while sitting anywhere anytime.
- Supports all educational school boards like GSEB, CBSE, ICSE and benefits all educational stakeholders, including teachers, administrators, students and parents.
- Generates important documentations life School Leaving Certificates, Achievement Certificates, Student Time Tables, Staff Time Tables, Exam Schedules, Results and Report Cards with only a few clicks.
- Makes comprehensive customised reports of students and staffs on pre-defined timings.
- Rich, user friendly interface makes data entry very easy, quick and accurate.
- Connects accounting directly to fees and payroll module. Staff payroll is connected with staff salary structure and attendance.
- Very extensive, not a suitable option for institutions with limited or small number of students.
- The transition can be complex.
School CubeA simple, yet powerful one point integrated platform that connects all the departments including, administration, student profiles management, I-card, attendance management, bulk sms and email, fees management, and auto certificate generation. (Website: http://www.school-cube.com/)
- Online platform that saves time of management and teachers by making it easier for them to manage, analyse and get reports of students and the school, while eliminating the need for large score sheets, record booklets and multiple report cards.
- Allows secured and reliable storage on cloud that only authorized users have access to. The portal is powered by the Microsoft Azure cloud system.
- Provides flexibility across several devices, including computer, tablet and mobile phone; platforms and operating systems.
- More than 8,000 institutions already running the system successfully.
- Provides interactive and easy to understand user interface which can be operated by anyone with basic knowledge of computers on first login without any instructions.
- Does not have a mobile app, limits the usability.
- Personal data (names, birth details, addresses, medical, etc.) must be secured rigorously, calling for strong security measures to in implemented.
- The attendance module is not integrated with biometric details, thereby increasing the possibility of system getting misused by students.
- Helps educational institutes to solve the problems of parent-student-teacher interaction, allowing parents to stay connected with their children's school and know of their progress in real time.
- Parent can also check the fee payment schedule, pay online, check their children's examination results semester wise, subject wise, exam wise and follow different events of the school.
- The software takes into account the changing trends of the sector. It offers frequent updates with latest features free of cost to remain future proof.
- The system is made on the assumption that one size fits all. Does not come with a mobile app, thus limiting its usability.
- The coordination and supervision of the entire system needs constant monitoring; forcing client organization to continually optimize their management.
- Does not have any module to support hostel and transportation administration.
Astral School Management SoftwareAstral is a cloud-based education management software that provides an integrated real-time view to the school/college/university. (Website: http://www.astraltechnologies.com/)
- Can help to streamline the education process by showing dashboard for management, giving the principal authority to manage all the data on fingertip.
- Eliminates the redundancy of data management while developing a strong and stable management system for an education institute.
- Offers anywhere, anytime access for leveraging internet technology, gain exposure, knowledge gaining and sharing.
- Gives the tools to the higher management to can see the entire income, expenses of the school, and brainstorm on cost-cutting measures.
- The system needs ample training to be used, but does not support web based training.
- Its inability to calculate fine/penalties forces the users to maintain a separate file, listing down the details.
- The explicit modules make it impossible to create a single standard that covers all possible activities and processes.
My School AppA powerful software for school and college management by Hex Technologies Pvt. Ltd., it brings a futuristic smart solution on to mobile touch screens and computer monitors. (Website: www.myskoolapp.com)
- Makes round-the-clock information available to management on their touch screens.
- Allows students to track student performance history with 360 degree view, prepare exams and manage results online.
- Gives a way to parents to interact with teachers and stay updated with their child’s performance.
- Students can submit their papers online, tune to new announcements, news and latest calendar.
- The system does not support ICSE examination board.
- There is no separate module for alumni, making it difficult for the school to stay updated about their students after they have passed out or have taken a transfer.
- The payment gateway is not integrated, making it difficult for the parents to do online payments of the fees and other charges.
Looking to integrate a School Management Software with your educational institute? Feel free to find one on our website or call us for a free Consultation on 91 92500-92507.
Read about our latest reviews of the Retail POS Systems.