The Avaya ERS 8800 offers exciting new possibilities with the Avaya VENA Fabric Connect capability, based on the Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) standard from the IEEE. Leveraging the power of this standardized technology, together with unique, value-added extensions, Avaya delivers a solution that is genuinely enterprise-ready and truly optimized. The Fabric Connect solution extends beyond the data center into the core of the campus: it offers simplified configuration and management, including efficient service activation free of error and delay, optimized traffic separation that enables multi-tenant partitioning and support regulatory compliance, and delivers the industry’s only optimized end-to-end Cloud architecture.
- Delivers the only optimized end-to-end cloud architecture.
- Optimized traffic separation - helping to ensure multi-tenant partitioning & support regulatory compliance.
- Supports high-performance IPv6 networking – a key scalability tool for demanding and expanding networks.
- Real high-availability and robustness.
- Enables virtualization of the control plane.
- Through VRF-Lite on ERS 8800, enterprises can use the same hardware platform to create multiple Layer 3 routing domains to support multiple customers and to maintain separation for both Unicast and Multicast traffic.