The Dell Networking S Series S6000 10/40GbE switch is built for applications in high-performance data center and computing environments. Leveraging a non-blocking switching architecture, the S6000 delivers line-rate L2 and L3 forwarding capacity to maximize network performance. The compact S6000 design provides industry-leading density of 32 ports of 40GbE or 96 ports of 10GbE1 and eight additional ports of 40GbE to conserve rack space while enabling denser footprints and simplifying migration to 40Gbps in the data center core. Priority-Based Flow Control (PFC), Data Center Bridge Exchange (DCBX) and Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS) make the S6000 ideally suited for DCB environments. In addition, the S6000 incorporates multiple architectural features that optimize data center network flexibility, efficiency and availability, including redundant, hotswappable power supplies and fans.
- Active Fabric™ implementation for large deployments in conjunction with the Dell Z Series, creating a flat, two-tier, nonblocking 10/40GbE data center network design.
- Modular Dell Networking OS software delivers inherent stability as well as enhanced monitoring and serviceability functions.
- Tool-less enterprise ReadyRails mounting kits reducing time and resources for switch rack installation
- S6000 supports Routable RoCE to enable convergence of compute and storage on Active Fabric
- Increase VM Mobility region by stretching L2 VLAN within or across two DCs with unique VLT capabilities like Routed VLT, VLT Proxy Gateway
- User port stacking support for up to six units.
- High-performance SDN/OpenFlow 1.3 enabled with ability to inter-operate with industry standard OpenFlow controllers.