The HPE FlexFabric 5940 Switch Series is a family of high performance and low-latency 10GbE, 40GbE top-of-rack (ToR) data center switches. The switch series include also 100G uplink technology and is part of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise FlexFabric data center solution, which is a cornerstone of the FlexNetwork architecture. The FlexFabric 5940 Switch Series is ideally suited for deployment at the aggregation or server access layer of large enterprise data centers, or at the core layer of medium-sized enterprises. With the increase pace of deploying virtualized applications, adopting software-defined networking, and the server-to-server traffic, many data centers now require spine and ToR switch innovations that will meet their requirements. The HPE FlexFabric 5940 is optimized to meet the increasing requirements for higher-performance server connectivity, convergence of Ethernet and storage traffic, the capability to handle virtual environments, and ultra-low-latency.
- Internal redundant and hot-pluggable power supplies and dual fan trays enhance reliability and availability.
- Lower OPEX and greener data center: provide reversible airflow and advanced chassis power management.
- complete control of the switch with a familiar CLI.
- In Services Software Upgrade (ISSU) provides hitless software upgrades and hitless patching of the modular operating system.
- Dual IP stack maintains separate stacks for IPv4 and IPv6 to ease the transition from an IPv4-only network to an IPv6-only network design.
- OpenFlow support for investment protection and SDN environments
- High-density 10GbE, 40GbE with 40G or 100G uplink for spine-and–leaf deployments