The Juniper Networks EX3400 Ethernet Switch with Juniper Networks Junos® Fusion Enterprise and Virtual Chassis technology provides enterprises with the flexibility and ease of management that previously was only available with higher-end access switches. The fixed-configuration EX3400 supports a number of key features, including: Junos Fusion Enterprise allows large numbers of EX3400 switches to be configured as satellite devices that connect to an EX9200 core aggregation switch to create a single logical device. The EX3400 also supports Juniper Networks Virtual Chassis technology, allowing up to 10 switches to be interconnected over uplink ports and managed as a single device, delivering a scalable, pay-as-you-grow solution for expanding network environments.
- Comprehensive Layer 2 functionality with RIP and static routing is provided.
- A compact, 13.8-inch deep 1 U form factor supports flexible deployment options.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) capability is provided.
- Static mode allows customers to specify the maximum PoE power setting on an individual port.
- Class mode allows end devices to specify PoE class and negotiate whether the switch can provide PoE power to the device.
- Nonstop bridging (NSB) and nonstop active routing (NSR).
- Nonstop software upgrade (NSSU).
- IP directed broadcast—traffic forwarding.
- Unicast reverse-path forwarding.