The Juniper Networks QFX5100 line of access and aggregation switches delivers low latency, flexible deployment options, and rich Layer 2 and Layer 3 features, making it the industry’s most nimble family of switches. Featuring Topology-Independent In-Service Software Upgrades (TISSU*) and support for L2 gateway capabilities for bridging between virtualized and baremetal servers, the QFX5100 is designed for the most demanding, high-performance data center deployments. Highly flexible, the QFX5100 can be deployed in mixed 1GbE, 10GbE, and 40GbE environments within Juniper Virtual Chassis, Virtual Chassis Fabric, Junos Fusion and QFabric architectures, as well as within industry-standard architectures such as spine and leaf and Layer 3 fabrics.
- Advanced Junos OS features such as BGP Add-path, MPLS, L3 VPN, and IPv6 6PE.
- Uninterrupted routing and forwarding with features such as nonstop routing (NSR) and nonstop bridging (NSB).
- Commit and rollback functionality that ensures error-free network configurations.
- A powerful set of scripts for on-box problem detection, reporting, and resolution.
- Topology-independent in-service software upgrade (TISSU).
- Role-based CLI management and access.
- Junos XML management protocol.
- Common Language Equipment Identifier (CLEI) code.