The QFX5200 fixed-configuration access switches are ideally suited for leaf deployments in nextgeneration IP fabric networks. They feature extra low latency, a built-in hardware-based PTP module, and line-rate, high-density QSFP+/QSFP28 ports that support 10GbE, 25GbE, 40GbE, 50GbE, and 100GbE connections. Offering an advanced L2, L3, and MPLS feature set, network operators can use the QFX5200 to build large, high-density IP fabrics that support upgrades to 25GbE servers, network virtualization, and intelligent traffic forwarding based on proven, Internet-scale technology. The QFX5200 also supports a disaggregated version of Junos software that lets users install third-party applications and tools on the switch.
- Rich overlay networking support.
- Advanced Junos OS features.
- Disaggregated hardware and software model.
- Uninterrupted routing and forwarding, with features such as nonstop routing (NSR) and nonstop bridging (NSB).
- Commit and rollback functionality, which ensures error-free network configurations.
- A powerful set of scripts for on-box problem detection, reporting, and resolution.
- Capacity planning and optimization, by proactively detecting hotspots and monitoring latency and microbursts.
- Congestion avoidance capabilities: WRED.
- Control plane denial-of-service (DoS) protection.
- Junos OS configuration rescue and rollback.