The Cisco WSA simplifies security with a high‑performance, dedicated appliance, and the Cisco Web Security Virtual Appliance (WSAV) lets businesses deploy web security quickly and easily, wherever and whenever it’s needed.
The Cisco WSA was one of the first secure web gateways to combine leading protections to help organizations address the growing challenges of securing and controlling web traffic. It enables simpler, faster deployment with fewer maintenance requirements, reduced latency, and lower operating costs. “Set and forget” technology frees staff after initial automated policy settings go live, and automatic security updates are pushed to network devices every 3 to 5 minutes. Flexible deployment options and integration with your existing security infrastructure help you meet quickly evolving security requirements.
- Combine traditional URL filtering with dynamic content analysis to mitigate compliance, liability, and productivity risks.
- Cisco’s continuously updated URL filtering database of over 50 million blocked sites provides exceptional coverage for known websites.
- Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) is an additionally licensed feature available to all Cisco WSA customers. AMP is a comprehensive malware-defeating solution that enables malware detection and blocking, continuous analysis, and retrospective alerting.
- Cisco Cognitive Threat Analytics is a cloud-based solution that reduces time to discovery of threats operating inside the network.
- Easily control the use of hundreds of Web 2.0 applications and 150,000+ micro-applications.
- Prevent confidential data from leaving the network by creating context-based rules for basic DLP.
- The Cisco WSA protects roaming users by integrating with the Cisco AnyConnectSecure Mobility Client, which provides web security to remote clients by initiating a VPN tunnel that redirects traffic back to the on-premises solution.