Businesses are adopting unified communications technology for a seamless workflow, which is easy to use. Polycom is the only unified communications partner, which provides direct integration with different types of audio, video and content solutions. Polycom CX series integrates with SharePoint, Microsoft Lync/ Skype for Business and Office 365 to ensure hassle-free communication.
What is Polycom CX Series?
The Polycom CX series of IP phones takes the simplicity of the Lync interface to corporate and government agencies for secure collaboration. Polycom’s Lync-optimized solutions don’t only streamline communications, but also simplify deployment. It is an advanced version of traditional PBX and IP PBX voice systems for easy management, deployment and provisioning. Polycom CX Series of Microsoft Lync optimized IP phones are also available on the GST schedule to help organizations empower their employees to connect and collaborate in a secure manner.
What are Different Polycom CX Series Versions?
Polycom CX series includes versions like CX 5500, CX 5000, CX 5100 & CX 3000. Polycom CX5100 unified conference station delivers 1080p active speaker tracking along with a 360-degree video camera experience, Skype for Business and Microsoft Lync. It provides 1080p HD active-speaker video to remote participants, so that the flow of information is tracked automatically.
Polycom CX3000 is optimized for Microsoft Lync and ensures excellent conference calls in the Microsoft Lync environment. It features native Lync integration and Polycom HD Voice technology for an enhanced video conferencing experience. It also ensures easy setup and simple integration.
CX5500 Unified Conference Station is demanded for its 360-degree video camera experience and 1080p active speaker tracking with Skype for Business. It is also used as SIP conference phone in different organizations. It provides remote participants with 1080p HD active-speaker video for tracking the flow of information automatically.
Polycom CX5000 is a next-generation video conferencing system, which leads to comprehensive conferencing experience with the use of 360-degree video and active speaker detection. It provides a greater sense of immediacy and collaboration in comparison to the conventional phone call.
What These Versions Can Do?
1. Polycom CX5100
- Provides a unique 360 degree view of the conference room
- Offers a dynamic audio range of 160Hz to 22,000Hz
- Its USB plug-and-play functionality reduces training costs
- Lowers support costs
- Ensures better room usage for collaboration
- No remote required, as users just need to add a USB cable to their laptop for using this system.
2. Polycom CX5000
- Helps in placing outgoing phone calls
- Ensures answering incoming calls
- Conducting audio/video experience
- Conducting audio-only session.
3. Polycom CX3000
- Integration with Lync Phone Edition software
- A large color display for directory information and rich presence
- Easy sign-in with simplified pin authentication
- Optimized for Lync 2010 and Lync 2013
- A 3.5-inch color display
- An advanced microphone for picking up voices from up to 3.5 cm away.
4. Polycom CX
- It features a dynamic audio range of 160Hz to 22,000Hz
- Can be used to make voice-only calls as an IP conference phone
- Provides 1080p HD active-speaker video for tracking the flow of conversation
- It can also be used for placing voice calls as an IP conference phone
- 6m (20 foot) microphone pickup range
- Can be customized for the use with Skype for Business clients
- Panoramic video stream output and active speaker.
What They Are Ideal For?
While Polycom CX5100 can be used for Skype for Business and Microsoft Lync, and Polycom CX3000 is optimized for Microsoft Lync. CX5500 further delivers active speaker tracking with Skype for Business.