Multifunctional Dell Networking 220 Series Access Points (APs) deliver gigabit Wi-Fi® performance to 802.11ac mobile devices. Integrated ClientMatch technology ensures consistently high performance across the WLAN infrastructure. With a maximum data rate of 1.3 Gb/s in the 5-GHz band and 600 Mb/s in the 2.4-GHz band, the Dell Networking 220 Series APs are three-times faster than 802.11n APs and provide performance similar to a wired connection. ClientMatch technology eliminates sticky clients by continuously gathering session performance metrics from mobile devices. This information is then used to steer each mobile device to the best AP and radio on the WLAN. Proactive and deterministic, ClientMatch dynamically optimizes Wi-Fi client performance as users roam and RF conditions change. If a mobile device moves out of range of an AP or if RF interference impedes performance, ClientMatch automatically steers the mobile device to a better AP.
- EtherChannel link aggregation on two Gigabit Ethernet ports, providing 1.9-Gb/s aggregate throughput.
- Adapts to available 802.3af powerover-Ethernet (PoE) instead of requiring customers to upgrade to 802.3at PoE.
- Support for up to 600 Mb/s for TurboQAMenabled mobile devices operating in the 2.4-GHz band — an industry first.
- Integrated Adaptive Radio Management technology.
- Remote spectrum analysis to identify sources of RF interference.
- Wireless mesh connections, which are convenient where Ethernet drops are not available.