The Cisco Wireless Service Module 2 (WiSM2) Controller for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches, is a highly scalable and flexible platform that enables systemwide services for mission-critical wireless networking in medium-sized to large enterprises and campus environments. Designed for 802.11ac and 802.11n performance and maximum scalability, the Cisco WiSM2 Controller supports a higher density of clients and delivers more efficient roaming, with at least nine times the throughput of existing 802.11a/g networks.
- Enhanced uptime with the ability to simultaneously manage up to 1000 access points.
- Sub-second stateful failover of all access points and clients from the primary to standby controller.
- Supports 100, 300, 500 and 1000 access points for business-critical wireless services at locations of all sizes.
- Wired-network speed, nonblocking performance for 802.11n and optimized for 802.11ac networks.
- Integrates Cisco VideoStream technology as part of the Cisco medianet framework to optimize the delivery of video applications across the WLAN.