The Ruckus Wireless ZoneDirector 1200 is Ruckus’ centrally managed Smart Wireless LAN (WLAN) system developed specifically for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs). The ZoneDirector 1200 integrates the Ruckus Smart/OS application engine that delivers advanced features such as smart wireless meshing, high availability, hotspot authentication, elegant guest networking and dynamic Wi-Fi security. Redundant and secure, the Ruckus ZoneDirector provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF and location management within a single, easy-to-use and affordable WLAN system.
- Provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF, and location management.
- SmartMesh wireless meshing that is self-organizing, self-optimizing, and self-healing.
- Adaptable Hybrid SmartMesh extends the wireless network through Ethernet-connected APs, increasing system performance through better spatial reuse.
- Elegant guest networking without the hassle.
- Dynamic Pre-Shared Key (PSK) that are automatically installed on clients.
- Support for 802.1x, LDAP (captive portal), native Active Directory, and RADIUS authentication and dynamic VLAN assignment capabilities.
- Multi-site authentication to scale large deployments.
- Automatic traffic redirection using WISPr for multi-site authentication for large-scale deployments.
- Automatically ensures predictable performance for voice, video, and multimedia through the use of Layer 3 tunneling and using key caching techniques when roaming.
- Bandsteering, load balancing, and airtime fairness to optimize Wi-Fi spectrum.
- Users access policies provide rich WLAN control.
- Traffic thresholds for users on a specific SSID to ensure fairness.
- Maximizes data throughput by sending all data traffic directly from the access points to the wired network.