The Ruckus Wireless ZoneDirector 3000 is the first enterprise-class Smart Wireless LAN system that delivers a secure, robust and easily expandable WLAN solution at an unmatched total cost of ownership. Capable of managing up to 500 ZoneFlex Smart Wi-Fi access points and 10,000 clients from a single location, the Ruckus ZoneDirector 3000 is designed for simplicity and ease of use. Redundant and secure, the Ruckus ZoneDirector provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF and location management within a single, easy-to-use and affordable WLAN system.
- Provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF, and location management.
- SmartMesh wireless meshing automates deployment, eliminates the need to run Ethernet cable to every Smart Wi-Fi access point.
- Adaptable Hybrid SmartMesh extends the wireless network through Ethernet-connected APs.
- Elegant guest networking without the hassle.
- Dynamically-generated Pre-Shared Keys (PSK) that are automatically installed on clients.
- Support for 802.1x, LDAP (captive portal), native Active Directory, and RADIUS authentication with dynamic VLAN assignment.
- Multi-site authentication to scale large deployments.
- Automatic traffic redirection using WISPr for multi-site authentication for large-scale deployments.
- Minimizes erratic Wi-Fi behavior, enabling uninterrupted voice calls, through the use of Layer 3 tunneling and using key caching techniques when roaming.
- Bandsteering, load balancing, and airtime fairness to optimize Wi-Fi spectrum.
- Users access policies provide rich WLAN control.
- Traffic thresholds for users on a specific SSID to ensure fairness.
- Maximizes data throughput by sending all data traffic directly from the access points to the wired network.